[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Rainer Brockerhoff • View topic - RBSplitView 1.2

RBSplitView 1.2

Discussion and suggestions for published source code.

Re: Trouble's with 1.2

by Rainer Brockerhoff » 25 Feb 2010 21:03:06

Rainer Brockerhoff
Site Admin

Re: Trouble's with 1.2

by chinhster » 28 Apr 2010 17:13:25

I noticed a problem with collapsed and hidden subviews.

If a subview is collapsed and hidden when you exit your app, the next time the app is run and the parent splitview's state is restored, the subview's dimension grows by a few pixels regardless of whether the subview is later unhidden and expanded. I'm guessing that the splitview is not accounting for the hidden splitter when restoring its state and the subview is hidden. Here's my kludge around this (potential bug) in my startup code:

if ([subview isHidden] ) {
CGFloat dimension = ceilf([subview dimension]) ;
dimension -= [splitView dividerThickness]/2. ;
[subview setDimension:dimension] ;
}

I do this after I restore the state of the parent splitView. I had to round up the dimension otherwise the subview would slowly grow by a pixel.

FWIW, I use view controller nibs for everything including setting up my splitviews (which aren't populated until runtime). My window controller nib contains only a window and it handles loading all the view controllers and populating their splitviews and subviews at runtime. This is necessary because I allow the user to specify the arrangement of splitviews as well as what content goes in them. I try to restore the states of my splitviews as late as possible.
chinhster

Re: RBSplitView 1.2

by ThunderCougarFalconBird » 26 Aug 2010 10:33:34

howdy-

i had to compile a target under 10.5 using RBSplitView's Interface Builder plugin. unfortunately, the (Leo) IB plugin compiled by my 10.6 system wasn't loading in Interface Builder under 10.5- i did a little digging, and i think the "Installation Directory" build setting of the "Framework(Leo)" target should be "@loader_path/../Frameworks" instead of "@executable_path/../Frameworks". the Sno target uses @loader_path, and making this change has allowed me to use the Leo IB plugin compiled in 10.6 with Interface Builder on 10.5...

great project, thanks for all your hard work!

cheers
: : ray
ThunderCougarFalconBird

by Jerry Shields » 22 Jul 2011 15:31:57

We are using RBSplitview extensively in our product and have now come to the need to port our code to Lion/Xcode 4.x. Unfortunately Apple in their infinite wisdom, remove the ability to have ibplugins. Do you have any ways around this outside of only editing these xibs/nibs using IB 3? Are you planning on getting RBSplitView working on Lion/Xcode 4.x?

Jerry
Jerry Shields

by Rainer Brockerhoff » 22 Jul 2011 15:50:35

Rainer Brockerhoff
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Source Code